Lennox Academy has established a challenging college preparatory curriculum with an emphasis on Mathematics, Science and Technology. The Academy strives to provide a real world education in order to equip students with the skills necessary to become critical thinkers, life-long learners and productive members of society.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Lennox Academy presents a curriculum and environment that prepares its graduates to be:
Academic Achievers who:
- Meet or exceed the course requirements necessary for college admission.
- Organize and clearly articulate information in a variety of written and verbal forms.
- Actively listen to the views of others and respond effectively and appropriately.
Complex, Critical Thinkers who:
- Analyze, synthesize, interpret and evaluate information from a variety of resources.
- Adapt to an evolving technological and multi-cultural society by applying logic and reasoning skills.
- Apply the curriculum to real life problems that exist beyond the classroom.
Ethical, Effective Citizens who:
- Understand, respect, value diversity and show tolerance toward individual differences.
- Comprehend their roles as citizens and strive to improve the quality of life at school and the greater community
- Demonstrate skills in resolving conflict through positive, non-violent actions.
Life-long Learners who:
- Plan for life beyond high school by making realistic choices and informed decisions about appropriate life paths/career choices.
- Develop the ability and confidence to learn independently.