Lennox Math, Science & Technology Academy
Welcome to Lennox Mathematics, Science & Technology Academy. We are confident that over 85% of our students will be accepted to four year colleges.
Lennox Academy provides a supportive challenging program that strives to equip students with the skills necessary to adapt to changing conditions and be successful contributors in our global society. Beyond promoting careers in the areas of mathematics and science, Lennox Academy delivers a 21st century education that will guide students to find their passion and develop scholars who are reflective problem solvers, collaborative and ethical.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
Lennox Academy provides a nurturing environment and delivers a curriculum that prepares its graduates to be:
- Reflective Problem Solvers who:
Are able to analyze, process and evaluate information and ideas to make connections between the concepts and skills learned in their courses to situations or challenges that exist beyond the classroom.
- Effective Collaborators who:
Are able to work with others to defend a position and clearly articulate the findings in a variety of forms (verbal, digital, written…).
- Global Ethical Citizens who:
Comprehend their roles as citizens and actively strive to improve the quality of life at school and the greater community, while developing respect, tolerance and understanding of individual differences and diversity.
- Life-long Learners who:
Reflect and grow by developing the ability and passion to learn independently to adapt to challenges, situations or opposing perspectives encountered beyond high school.
Building a quasi comprehensive high school program in a small school setting with 600 students has been and will continue to be a challenge, however, we were successful in increasing the number of clubs, extra-curricular and sports programs in 2005-2006. We gained membership to CIF and our student athletes now compete on six different teams, including baseball, softball, boys’ and girls’ soccer and basketball. Our performance dance team earned distinct recognition as they placed first in several regional competitions. Our goal is to continue to build on the success we have had and to provide our students with meaningful college preparatory learning experiences and the skill sets necessary to pursue higher education to thrive in the advancing technological society of the 21st century. Our school revolves around the following design principles:
Community of Learners
- Familia/Comunidad (Family/Community) – A small high school environment lends itself to creating an environment where students, parents and staff are empowered and valued. Each family is asked to make a commitment to be involved, to the best of their abilities—we believe that parent involvement is key in building student success.
- Ganas (Desire, will, passion) – We will hold students accountable for their learning and equip them with the tools necessary to become self-reliant, confident and life-long learners.
- Orgullo (Pride) – Students need to take pride in their work, school and community. Students will be held accountable for the choices they make.
- Students will have an adviser that will be responsible throughout their high school experience for guiding students in their academic endeavors.
- A strong intervention program will assist students with individual needs in all academic areas.
- Creative, highly trained professional teachers who foster a love of learning will address student’s unique individual needs.
Real World Immersion
- Students will be required to fulfill a mandatory service learning component at the Academy.
- Students will be challenged at every level to uphold the values that the school has established to provide a positive and safe learning environment/communit.
Parents, students, teachers and staff have embraced the design principles aforementioned, our success can be attributed to the support of all stakeholders. We look forward to working with each and every one of you to continue to build a successful program for our community.
We invite you to be part of our family!